A little while ago, I left the house and went to go get my eyes examined and get new glasses (as my old ones broke). We went to Walmart, but we were early, so I also got my hair cut. After that, we waited a minute or two and I was lead to have my eyes pre-examined. First, I had to focus on a farmhouse with each eye as it got out of focus and back. After that, I had to look into a light so that a puff of air would test the pressure in my eye (I think, it might have been something else). Finally, I held a clicker and looked into a square of light with a small black square in the middle. Whenever something moved, I pressed the button. Then I was sent back to wait for the actual eye exam.
A little after we picked out a frame, I was lead to do the actual examination. They first had me try and read random letters of increasing size until I could get 3/5. I'm pretty sure my vision is somewhere around 200/200 without any glasses, more or less. After we found that out, I had to put this thing with a bunch of different lenses over my face so that we could find out which one would work best. When we did figure it out, I managed to go from 200/200 vision (without glasses) to 20/20 (with glasses). Finally, they took a picture of my eyes to see if they were healthy. It turns out you can see if you have diabetes just from looking at your eyes. They were healthy, so we ordered the glasses and I'll have them on the eighth of February.
A little after we picked out a frame, I was lead to do the actual examination. They first had me try and read random letters of increasing size until I could get 3/5. I'm pretty sure my vision is somewhere around 200/200 without any glasses, more or less. After we found that out, I had to put this thing with a bunch of different lenses over my face so that we could find out which one would work best. When we did figure it out, I managed to go from 200/200 vision (without glasses) to 20/20 (with glasses). Finally, they took a picture of my eyes to see if they were healthy. It turns out you can see if you have diabetes just from looking at your eyes. They were healthy, so we ordered the glasses and I'll have them on the eighth of February.
Comments
Post a Comment